The Volcom Fiji Pro started this weekend with the world’s best surfers greeted by solid swell for the opening of the event window. It has been exciting for the much-anticipated comeback of the Volcom Fiji Pro, which was brought back this year to the ASP World Tour after a five-year hiatus. The event began Sunday, June 3 and will run until the 15th.
Event No. 4 of 10 on the 2012 ASP World Championship Tour, the Volcom Fiji Pro will recommence this season’s race for the elite ASP World Title and the world’s best surfers were eager to take on the South Pacific perfection of Cloudbreak and Restaurants.
Australians currently lead the charge, occupying four of the Top 5 spots in the world. The current ASP WCT Top 10 (Heading into Volcom Fiji Pro):
1. Joel Parkinson (AUS) 19700 pts
2. Mick Fanning (AUS) 18250 pts
3. Josh Kerr (AUS) 18200 pts
4. Adriano de Souza (BRA) 17200 pts
5. Taj Burrow (AUS) 15750 pts
6. John John Florence (HAW) 15750 pts
7. Jordy Smith (ZAF) 15700 pts
8. Kelly Slater (USA) 13700 pts
9. Jeremy Flores (FRA) 12250 pts
10. Owen Wright (AUS) 12150 pts
Who do you think will come up on top? Watch the LIVE webcast at www.volcom.com/fijipro
For more information, log onto www.aspworldtour.com