Last week, Surfline wrote a story featuring the current and favorite reading lists of a half dozen surfers, including Gerry Lopez, Kelly Slater and Dane Gudauskas. It’s great insight, and a cool list to know when you’ve got some downtime and want to pick up a good read.
Here are a few of the favorites:
Surfing legend Gerry Lopez is all about being in tune with life and how to be a healthier human inside out:
- Hero, The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia by Michael Korda
- Light on Yoga, B.K.S Iyengar
- Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss, M.D.
- The pH Miracle, Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health, by Robert O. Young, PhD and Shelley Redford Young
11 Time World Champion Kelly Slater looks to best sellers for his reading pleasure:
- Surely, You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character) by Richard P. Feynman
- What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
World Traveler Dane Gudauskas likes books that give him a philosophical view of the world:
- Rich Dad’s Conspiracy of the Rich by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity by Daniel P. Reid
- The Annotated Sailing Alone Around the World by Captain Joshua Slocum
Surfer Dan Malloy who is also a traveler, rancher, and filmmaker, likes his books to teach him:
- Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
- In the Sweet Bye and Bye by Margaret Kilgallen
- The East West Interviews by Gary Snyder
To check out the full list, go to http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/reading-for-surfers_66362/.
Image Source: bookbitesoz.blogspot.com